The mission of the West Plains Public Library is to assure the preservation, acquisition and dissemination of knowledge for the future of West Plains. To accomplish this mission, the public library will:
The first library established in the city The G. Frank Pease Memorial was dedicated August 22, 1895. On November 21, 1998 a two mile long book brigade, 104 volumes were delivered hand-to-hand from the East Main Street location to our present library site. The official opening of the 23,500 sq. ft.building which now houses 78,760 titles was November 23, 1998.