Smithfield citizens have been dedicated to library service since pioneer days when a library was formed by the ward Sunday School in 1868. In 1917, a library commission was formed to further develop library services. A temporary reading room was set up in the 2nd ward tithing office building on west Center Street in the fall of 1917.
Many names of individuals and groups of people could be listed who have given considerable money and many hours of service towards the growth of the library. Thanks to them all, and may we continue on with their noble tradition
Smithfield Public Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media