The Transylvania Club of Sandersville, Georgia, in 1933, observing its 25th anniversary and Georgia's bicentennial, sponsored a set of commemorative plates which depict deeds and men who illuminated the stirring history of our famous state.
In 1974, the legislature of Georgia declared these plates to be the official historical plates of Georgia. They have been used at the Governor's Mansion, in the White House, and by members of England's royal family and are on display at the State Capitol.
The income from the sale of these plates supports a variety of causes on behalf of the Transylvania Club. One of these causes is the Rosa M. Tarbutton Memorial Library, Washington County, Sandersville, Georgia.