Rio Vista Library
Library service in Rio Vista began in October 1914. On January 16, 1993, the Rio Vista Library, housed in an historic 1896 building, was completely destroyed by fire. Funding for a new library building was made possible through city and county fire insurance proceeds, county facility fees and federal Library Services and Construction Act, Title II, funds. Public service continued using returned books along with materials from other branches, from temporary storefront quarters on Main Street. The groundbreaking ceremony on the same site, 44 South Second Street was on October 21, 1994. Then on November 27, 1995, three years of planning, community involvement and hard work came to fruition with the opening of a new Rio Vista Library. The tenth anniversary celebration was held in the library on Nov. 21, 2005.
Rio Vista Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media