Prairie Grove Public Library
Established in 1935, the Prairie Grove Library began of modest means but has grown steadily ever since. A partnership with the W.P.A. provided the original funding and the American Legion provided the space. In 1945 the library moved to a room above the Farmers and Merchants Bank, and two years later moved again to a storefront on Buchanan Street. During this time, the Ozark Regional Library System began and Prairie Grove became a member of the Washington/Crawford County system. One year later the beautiful brick and native stone building was complete increasing the size of the building to over 3700 sq. feet.
Prairie Grove Public Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media