The Point Marion Public Library has a long history of service, providing books and periodicals and meeting research needs for the borough of Point Marion and Springhill Township. The library was established in October 1921, through the efforts of a women's group known as the Criterion Club. The members of the club called upon local citizens for donations of books and cash contributions. The library was opened to the public with a collection of 1,053 books. At that time, the town council agreed to provide a space in the Municipal Building for the library.
Point Marion Public Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media