Begun in 1914, the Library Association was incorporated in 1916. Started by the Woman’s Club of Mountain Lakes, the local library began when members donated an initial collection of 100 books, opened facilities in a school building and served as volunteer librarians. When the Association formed, families contributed to the maintenance and growth of the Library by membership fees. The Mountain Lakes Library joined the County Library system at its inception in 1922 and has been a member since.
Mountain Lakes Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media