The Larchwood Public Library had its origin in the basement of the Savings Bank building in 1927. It was promoted by the Federated Women's Club. The first library board was Mrs. J.H. Peacock, Mrs. Lee Williams, Mrs. Ralph Holtsclaw, A.D. Moreland and Erick Kiesby. In 1939 it was moved to its own building on main street. The library has grown steadily with the support of community projects sponsored by the Women's Club and with the assistance of a yearly town grant. For decades, members of the Women's Club served as volunteer librarians.