114 1st Street North East
Hazel L. Meyer Memorial Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
The first library in De Smet was in the Brewer's Variety Story in 1928. The library moved to City Hall in April 1941. The present library building was built in 1968. In the summer of 2003, a new children's addition was built on to the current library. In November of 2003, the library celebrated the Grand Opening of the new children's addition and the library's 65th Anniversary.