The original Estill Public Library was built in 1934 on Third Street on land donated by Mayor W.W. Baker, Sr. It was instigated by the Estill Reading Club with assistance by the Works Progress Administration, gifts of materials from local lumber mills, and the generosity of local citizens. Mrs. Helen Tyler was the first paid librarian.
The Estill Reading Club was organized in the early twenties. From its inception until its affiliation with the Allendale - Hampton - Jasper Regional Library Board, the Estill Library was supported and maintained by the Estill Reading Club.
Currently, the Town of Estill is maintaining the grounds and upkeep of the Estill Library. The library is supported by the library board members.