The mission of Enterprise Public Library is to promote free and open assess to information, materials and services to all members of the community, inspire lifelong learning and creativity, advance knowledge, while enhancing the quality of life for residents of Coffee County.
Established in 1923 by Josie S. Lasseter, the Enterprise Public Library (EPL) was originally located in Enterprise’s old courthouse. After the courthouse building burned in 1924, EPL relocated to the old Enterprise Banking Company building at the corner of College and Main Streets. In May of 1936, a library association was formed and EPL moved to the old city hall. After the competition of a new post office, the library moved into the old post office building, dedicated on March 26, 1972. When the library reached extreme capacity, it was relocated, once more, to the former First Alabama Bank building, its present location in historical downtown Enterprise, one block from the Boll Weevil Monument.