El Dorado County Library - Pollock Pines Branch is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
Doris Cloherty started the first Pollock Pines Library in 1952, using a couple of shelves in her coffee shop. When Mrs. Cloherty closed her coffee shop, she and the county librarian approached Mr. Harvey West about the possibility of constructing a real library building. Mr. West built a small building on donated land in 1958. When this became too small after a couple of years, the building was moved to Shingle Springs and used as its branch library. Mr. West then built the present ski-chalet like structure on the same site which serves as the branch today.