Information on:

Deadwood Public Library

435 Williams Street
605-578-2821

About Us:

The Deadwood Public Library was started in 1895 by the ladies of the Round Table Club. Marie Gaston, the first librarian, along with interested towns people, enlisted the help of the Congressman, Eben Martin, to secure funding from the Carneige Foundation to build the present building at 435 Williams Street in Deadwood.The building was completed in 1905.

We were listed in USA Today as one of the top ten favorite libraries of Rebecca Miller of the Library

Journal in 2011 & 2012.



Reviews

Dustin Floyd

Rating:
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Beautiful architecture - one of the few Carnegie libraries still being used for its original purpose - but the collection is a little hit-or-miss. DVDs? Plenty. Important works of literature? A little lacking.

Deadwood Public Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media