In 1937, Mr. L.J. Arnold, then General manager of the Crossett Company, concluded that the City of Crossett had grown in population to the point where a city library was needed. he enlisted the aid of Mrs. W.W. Hines to organize a group of ladies to canvas the town in search of books with which to start a library. An adequate number of satisfactory books were donated to the venture and Crossett public Library came into existence.
In 1968, the library was moved to the old post office building at 125 main Street after it was remodeled for a library. The name was changed to the Paul Sullins Public Library in honor of Paul Sullins, a dedicated board member, who was instumental in securing the old post office building. The building served well until the mid 1990's when computers were introduced and the available space become crowded.
In 1999, the Board of Trustees had a vision of a new larger, state-of-the-art library. The Board appointed various committees, secured professional help and gathered volunteers. The project consisted of three phases; Planning, Design and Construction which each phasetaking approximately one year each. the voters of the City of Crossettvoted the necessary funds to cunstruct and operate the library. Together with the professionals and the help of hundreds of volunteers expending thousands of man-hours, the three phase project was completed in 2002. The project was completed ahead of schedule and within project funds.