Information on:

Cossitt Branch Library

33 South Front Street
901-526-1712

About Us

Cossitt Branch Library began its existence in 1888 as the Cossitt-Goodwyn Institute, the first public library in the fledgling city of Memphis. Located on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi River, the Cossitt Branch serves a growing population in the midst of a downtown renaissance. The original sandstone structure was constructed in 1893, and the current building was added in 1959.

Cossitt Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media