Two prominent Casey citizens, Edward and Elizabeth Kline made a bequest in their will that money from their estate be used to build and equip a public library for the citizens of Casey. A certificate of organization was issued by the State of Illinois in October, 1926, and a Board was appointed to administer the Kline Memorial Library Trust Fund. The building was completed and opened to the public in October, 1938. Taxpayers of Casey Township approved a referendum that year to provide funds for operation and maintenance, and in May, 1939 the holdings and rights of the Kline Memorial Library were transferred to the newly-elected Casey Township Board of Trustees. Renovations were made in 1973 to provide more space for the collection. The library serves the residents of Casey Township and the surround ing area. Story hours are conducted for pre-school children--some in the homes of daycare providers; summer reading programs are well attended by children from kindergarten through sixth grade.