8740 Courthouse Road
About This Branch:
C. Melvin Snow Memorial Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
The C. Melvin Snow Memorial Branch was established with funding from Spotsylvania County, grant funds from the Virginia State Library, and a fundraising campaign spearheaded by the Friends of the Library. It occupies 4,500 square feet in a building originally constructed in 1920. The current library wing became the first Spotsylvania High School in 1940; C. Melvin Snow was its first principal, fondly remembered for his contributions to education and his support of his students. The building was renovated by Spotsylvania County in 1998, opening to the public on August 17.
Snow Branch has a collection of 41,857 items and provides regularly scheduled programs for all ages, 13 public access computers, a quiet study area, and two meeting rooms. The building is accessible and has two accessible parking spaces in the lot.