The Brigham Memorial Library came about when Henry Brigham donated his home to the Village of Sharon. The library opened on January 22, 1916 with Rose Dullam as the first Librarian. In 1994, after a successful fund raising effort, two new rooms were built on to the original house. The library is listed on the State Historic Registry.
Extract from the library’s missions statement as adopted by the Library Board of Trustees
“The Brigham Memorial Library provides resources and services to all Village and Town of Sharon residents as well as those serviced by the Lakeshores Library System regardless of age, race, gender, creed, religious affiliation, social or economic background. We strive to fulfill our patron’s informational and recreational needs by making accessible a broad collection of materials representing varied viewpoints in a variety of media.”
Intellectual Freedom Statement
The Brigham Memorial Library Board of Trustees affirms the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights as guidelines for materials selection and retention.