HISTORY & MISSION
The Bridgton Public Library first opened in 1895, and moved to its present location in 1913, with an addition completed in 1994. The mission statement of the Strategic Plan, adopted in 2000, reads
The Bridgton Public Library is committed to serve the community as its information center. Efforts will be directed to provide access to educational, informational and recreational materials in a friendly atmosphere. The library will be responsive to the changing needs of the community and aware of evolving technologies available to fulfill its role as a service oriented dynamic library.