The Taneyhills Library Club, Inc. was established on Dec, 2, 1933, with one goal: To provide and maintain library facilities for the community.
Branson Community Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
From a meager beginning of a few donated book, the Library has grown into a modern Facility with more than 40,000 volumes, including periodicals, newspapers, video and audio tapes, and DVDs. The Library building was built in 1976, expanded in 1995, and is debt-free.
Taneyhills Community Library receives its financial support from the Library Club, which raises funds from numerous sources, including a Thrift Shop, memorial gifts, donations, and used book sale, and other projects. The Library receives no local, State, or Federal tax monies.
The Library is staffed by volunteers under the direction of a paid Library Director and Library Clerk. The staff seeks to provide attentive, personalized service in an atmosphere conductive to ever-increasing use of good books in the community.