Information on:

Blue Springs South Branch Library

2220 South 7 Highway
816-229-3571

History:
TheBlue Springs South Branch Library was formed in 1892 by the Independence Library Association. Miss Carrie Wallace, a relative of former First Lady Bess Wallace Truman, was the first librarian, serving until 1947. She was instrumental in laying the ground work for the establishment of a genealogical library in the local public library. Early donations by the Independence Pioneers Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) formed the beginning of the future genealogical collection


Blue Springs South Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media