Information on:

Blue Springs North Branch Library

850 North West Hunter Drive
816-224-8772

History:

The Blue Springs North Branch Library was formed in 1892 by the Independence Library Association. Miss Carrie Wallace, a relative of former First Lady Bess Wallace Truman, was the first librarian, serving until 1947. She was instrumental in laying the ground work for the establishment of a genealogical library in the local public library. Early donations by the Independence Pioneers Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) formed the beginning of the future genealogical collection



Blue Springs North Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos