The Mansfield Library was started in 1923 by the Senior Woman's Club and other interested citizens. After soliciting $1,000 and getting the building donated by the American Legion, our first library was underway. In 1924 the promoters, board, and Woman's Club organized a campaign to have the library a township-maintained library. April 15, 1925 we became the Blue Ridge Township Public Library supported with township taxes. University of Illinois students came out to inspect, criticize and to give advice and suggestions. The library provides the community and the schools with services as well as Lincoln Trail films, and much of their collection. The community is very library-oriented.