The Bloomfield Public Library was dedicated on August 13, 1913. It was initially named the Carnegie Library, after its benefactor, Andrew Carnegie, who gave $10,000 to build it.
Today the library has over 20,000 items including, books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and videos. The library also offers two computers with internet access, and the Inter-Library Loan Program. A children’s library as well as a genealogy department are located in the basement.