The Bledsoe County Public Library, a small but first-rate facility, maintains
a collection of materials for residents of all ages. Everything from bestselling
novels to genealogy information fills the shelves. We are associated with the
Tennessee State Library and Archives through the Caney Fork Regional Library.
The Bledsoe County Public Library has changed greatly since it was established July 7, 1952, by the Bledsoe County Quarterly Court. With only about 100 books and a $624 yearly budget, the library opened in the top floor of the board of education office. After several moves throughout the years, a new building was constructed with county, state and federal funds, as well as local donations. The library opened January 18, 1993, at its present-day location on the corner of Cumberland Ave. and Frazier St., near the county courthouse.
Directing the library throughout the years have been: Martha Ross Lee, Nelda Turner, Elizabeth Royal, Willela Douthat, Flo Swafford, Jean Aiken and Carolyne L. Knight.