Information on:

Bayview-Anna E. Waden Branch Library

415-355-5757

Library History:

Bayview/Anna E. Waden Branch Library was opened as a storefront facility in 1927. It was the 13th branch in the San Francisco Public Library system, replacing a "library station" that had been established in 1921. The present Bayview Branch Library is located on the 3rd Street business corridor of the Bayview/Hunter's Point district. This red brick building was built in 1969 with a bequest from Anna E. Waden, a clerical employee of the City of San Francisco. Miss Waden's gift of $185,700 paid for the development of this cooperative community project. The building was completed in February 1969, and the formal dedication took place on July 12, 1969. The architect was John S. Bolles & Associates and the contractor was Nibbi Brothers. A sculpture by Jacques Overhoff graces the facade of the building.



Bayview-Anna E. Waden Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos