Information on:

Baker Branch Library

3501 Groom Road
225-778-5950

The first Baker Branch Library opened on June 19, 1941, and was housed in Miss Angie Williams' Tea Room. In 1955, the Library moved to quarters in the school and later to another building on the highway prior to moving on July 20, 1959, to the Baker Masonic Lodge building at 4761 Groom Road.

The newest Baker Branch Library facility, reopened in April, 2001, was designed to accommodate the Baker community with a book collection of 100,000 volumes. The Library contains public computers and meeting room space for 100 that can be divided into two separate rooms for library programming



Baker Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos