Serving the Asbury Park Community for Over 125 Years!
The history of the Asbury Park Public Library begins in 1878 with the formation of the literary club, presided over by Helen M. Bradley, wife of the city's founder, James Adam Bradley. The literary club was reorganized shortly after its beginning into the Asbury Park and Ocean Grove Library Association.
Our library today has a collection of over 100,000 holdings and has been serving the Asbury Park area for over 125 years. We have thousands of registered patrons and in addition to serving out local community we lend materials to other libraries all over the county, state, and even the world.