About Us :
Originally established in 1949 as a "storefront" library in Arden Town Shopping Center, the Arden-Dimick Community Library has been at the corner of Watt Avenue and Northrop since 1975.Its prime location provides library service for people from all parts of Sacramento and surrounding communities as well as being a highly valued "neighborhood" library.
Thanks to a generous donation of $800,000 by Dr. and Mrs. Max Dimick, an expansion of 4000 square feet was added to the existing building. The library re-opened in November 1999, complete with a new Community Room. The Community Room hosts story times and special programs for children of all ages. Many of these programs are sponsored by the Arden-Dimick Friends of the Library. The Community Room is also well used as a location for programs of community interest and education. Arden-Dimick Library also features an attractive children's area and a new teen corner.
The library holds over 75,000 items which includes one of the largest collections of Deaf Services materials in the system, as well as a very popular offering of new large-print books. Many items in our collections of books-on-tape and large print are purchased with donations from our patrons and from our Affiliate Friends group. Thanks to donations like these, Arden-Dimick Library is able to offer a wide variety of both fiction and non-fiction materials.