Arcola Public Library District is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
The Arcola Public Library is a district library, established in 1905. Andrew Carnegie contributed $10,000 for the construction of the building and the city appropriated $1,000 a year for ten consecutive years for library support. The library provides services for all age groups and carries a wide range of materials, including books on tape, videos, and CD-Roms. The library also offers pre-school storyhours in the spring and fall and a summer reading program. The library has a copier, five computers, four printers, a scanner, a fax machine and a microfilm reader printer.