Anthony Quinn Library was originally named Belvedere Library. Belvedere Library was established in January 1914 as a pioneer branch of the newly founded Los Angeles County Public Library. By 1925, when the library was moved to a store-front facility at 111 North Ditman Ave., the collection had grown to several thousand books. In 1937 the library was relocated to 3713 Michigan Avenue. The library remained there until 1973, when it was moved to its present location. On January 5, 1982 the library was renamed in honor of actor Anthony Quinn; his childhood home occupied the site of the present-day library. In 2000, the library underwent a major renovation funded by the First Supervisorial District. It reopened in February 2001 with a fresh look and new furnishings.