The mission of the Albany County Public Library is to enhance the quality of life in Albany County by offering access to a diverse collection of materials, being a key partner in education, and offering community-based programs through its professional and friendly staff.
Albany County Public Library Values
• The Albany County Public Library values a free, open and democratic learning environment in which all library patrons and staff are treated with respect without regard to differences of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability age, and or sexual orientation.
• The Albany County Public Library seeks to foster the pursuit of knowledge, the growth of creativity, the support of open inquiry, a respect for patron confidentiality, and a spirit of collaboration.
• The Albany County Public Library supports the principle that intellectual freedom is the foundation of a democratic society, and it subscribes to the American Library Association’s “Library Bill of Rights,” the “Freedom to Read Statement,” and the “Freedom to View Statement.”
• The Albany County Public Library is dedicated to having a strong presence in our communities by promoting its services throughout Albany County.
• The Albany County Public Library seeks to empower its patrons with life-long learning skills by providing proactive and professional library services to all the citizens of Albany County as well as to other constituencies.
• The Albany County Public Library values the expertise of its dedicated staff, and considers its staff to be an essential resource for accomplishing its mission.
• The Albany County Public Library values staff participation in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all its programs and activities.