Adams Street Branch Library
Service to the Adams Street neighborhood was first provided in 1875 through a delivery station on Walnut Street. A reading room was opened at 362 Neponset Avenue in 1947. The present branch library building was opened in 1951, and represented the first new neighborhood facility built in 20 years. In 2004, through the fundraising efforts of the Friends of the Adams Street Library, a portion of the library's yard was transformed into a Reading Garden, featuring decorative brickwork, colorful landscaping and wrought iron benches, a peaceful oasis in the midst of a busy urban neighborhood.
Adams Street Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media