A library was first established in Abita Springs prior to 1950 and was located in a private home. During 1950, as part of the Library Demonstration project in St. Tammany Parish funded by the State of Louisiana, a branch library was housed in the Abita Springs Town Hall. In 1973, the branch moved into the current contemporary style building. During the mid 1980's, the 1,600 square foot branch was significantly renovated as part of a bond issue approved by St. Tammany Parish voters.
Abita Springs Branch Library is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media